The Bally Slimmer belt is a non-mechanical cloth belt designed to be worn around the midsection. Because it is created from a soft and pliable material, the belt contours to fit around your middle, and is created to fit tightly. The upside to wearing an abdominal belt made of such a soft material is that you can keep it on underneath your clothes as you go about your daily life.
The purpose of the Bally Slimmer Belt seems to be to create a sauna-like atmosphere in the midsection, and to support the muscles in the oblique and abdominal area. It works most effectively during a workout, as the increase in temperature from aerobic exercise combined with the tight belt results in the loss of excess water weight in the stomach area. This belt can be useful if trying to reduce bloating or sodium retention, especially for women. The belt is designed to fit a woman’s body, and it is not advised to use the belt for any other part of the body aside from the midsection.
One noticeable benefit to the tight cloth belt is that if it fits you correctly, it can drastically slim your silhouette underneath your clothes. Wearing it when you’re not exercising may not have long-term effects, but it will act almost like a girdle, temporarily reducing your waist size and giving the appearance of a slimmer waist and stomach. For some, this may be enough to justify the purchase of the Bally Slimmer Belt in and of itself.
- Can be worn underneath clothes without being noticed
- Since it made of a cloth material, it is comfortable
- Can be taken anywhere: no wires or batteries
- Has a sauna effect, reducing stored water or bloat in the midsection
- Inexpensive for an abdominal belt, with an average cost of $15 from several retailers
- AbGymnic Ab Belt Review
- With a zipper closure instead of a velcro one, not all users will get the perfect snug fit that is ideal
- Only supports muscles, and does not actively tense or work them
- It is not an FDA approved abdominal toning belt
- No independent or third party trials or supporting research (at present)
- The smallest zipper closure is 29″–if your waist is any smaller than this, it will be too large
Overall, the Bally Slimmer belt seems like a great and inexpensive investment to use as a support garment, or to use during exercise to increase sweat from the midsection. It will not actively work your muscles, nor is it a substitute for abdominal exercises.