AbGymnic is an abdominal toning belt that uses EMS (Electronic Muscle Stimulation) to tone and strengthen the abdominal muscles. It claims to have the same effect of doing 600 sit-ups within 10 minutes of use, and operates with 2 LV batteries. Like many similar belts using EMS, it is designed to stimulate concentrated nerve areas in the abdominals and external obliques, targeting both the “belly” and “love handles” most user want to eliminate. The nerves pick up this electric signal from the belt, and cause the muscle to contract and relax, simulating an abdominal workout.
Because it is made of a slim cloth material, this belt is easy to wear underneath clothes. Once you are used to the sensation, it is easy to wear out and about, or even while relaxing at home watching TV. There is a slight sensation associated with the belt–a pulsing or massage. Many people don’t mind the feeling, or even find it pleasant. There is a control panel located on the front of the AbGymnic abdominal belt, and users can adjust the settings as they need. It is advisable to begin the program using the lower settings until you are comfortable, and then slowly increasing the power of the electronic muscle stimulation incrementally.
Many people complain that the belt itself gets less effective as time goes on. This is very often due to the batteries being worn out, causing the effectiveness of the abdominal toning belt to decrease. Fresh batteries should solve the problem, although they may need to be replaced often if AbGymnic is used frequently.
The belt is advertised as primarily for the abdominals, but it can also be used for other areas of the body, since it is adjustable. Many users have found success using it around their thighs or even their buttocks, although using it for several body parts will wear out the batteries even faster than normal.
- Made of cloth, and easy to adjust to most waist sizes
- Slim design means it can be worn under clothes and go unnoticed
- Easy to use control panel lets users adjust the level of EMS they find comfortable
- Can strengthen abdominals without traditional exercise
- Can be used for multiple body parts: abdominals, thigh, buttocks
- While commonly found online for purchase, it does not have a website or a confirmed manufacturer
- No money-back guarantee or warranty available
- The provided batteries run out; need to be replaced or effectiveness will be reduced
- Abdominal Toning Belts To Firm Your Abs
- Ab Belt Reviews :: Flex Belt, Contour Abs, Slendertone System Abs
- What’s Better Ab Belts or Sit-ups and Crunches?
- Bally Slimmer Belt Review
Overall, the AbGymic appears to an abdominal toning belt using similar technology to others on the market. The adjustable and slim fit and easy to use control panel mean it is very user-friendly, and the results are often promising. However, the lack of availability for a warranty or even a guaranteed manufacturer may prevent some people from purchasing this item.